Message From Commandant General

Officers, officials and volunteers of Haryana Home Guards are providing assistance to Police department and various wings of District Administration in maintenance of law and order, security and traffic control. Guarding of vital installations and performing security duties at Universities, Boards, Corporations and other Government departments are also some of the work assigned to them. The continued reliance of Police authorities and other organisations on Home Guards for maintenance of public order and security is a tribute to the organisation.


The aims of Civil Defence organisation are to save life, minimise damage to property, maintain continuity of production and to keep up the high morale of the public during hostile attacks whether during any war, external aggression, internal disturbances or otherwise and during emergencies arising out of calamities/disasters, whether natural or man-made. 75 % of the budget expenditure of Home Guards and Civil Defence, Haryana is borne by the Government of Haryana and the rest 25% is reimbursed by the Government of India.



I call upon all members of the organisation to serve the general public of Haryana with utmost sincerity and humility with a view to make their lives and properties more safe and secure.

On behalf of all ranks of Haryana Home Guards and Civil Defence, I assure the general public of Haryana that the organisation will continue to perform with zeal and dedication.

Dr. Binay Kumar Sinha, IPS
Commandant General, Home Guards &
Director, Civil Defence, Haryana